Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Greenbank Recycling Solutions Limited are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of high-end waste compactors and labour saving recycling machinery. Based in Teesside, but servicing the whole of the UK, the family run business works with a range of blue chip, retail and commercial businesses to support their recycling needs.
Despite being family owned, Greenbank run on sound corporate principles. The company has an ambitious growth strategy and a sound infrastructure to help it achieve its objectives. The Business Development Manager is responsible to build key customer relationships with the BD Director and is expected to identify business opportunities, negotiate and support the technical sales team to close business deals.
Collaborative teamwork is essential for the role as you will be expected to work with Customer services, Operations, Technical and Administration departments to increase your sales opportunities.
- Supporting the Technical Sales Consultants, by setting up business calls and meetings to ensure objectives are being met
- Research and develop new potential customers as and when required
- Working closely with the Business Development Director to research, identify, and contact new opportunities across different industry segments.
- Create extensive sales opportunities by speaking with customers, building relationships and managing leads with the sales team
- Actively pursue business opportunities with prospecting into existing accounts, including cold calling and follow up of leads
- Create and present presentations – pitching products and/or services
- Convert relevant associated leads from existing clients, website and social media into qualified leads
- Forecast personal sales targets and ensure they are met
- Attend weekly sales meetings – via online or telephone facility – you will be expected to briefly go through your report (During this meeting we analyse the sales pipeline and conclude with a weekly team goal which we help each other to achieve)
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system
- Researching customers and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Developing quotes, proposals and PowerPoint presentations using the in-house administration team to prepare a quality presentation
- Sales follow up calls
Training and development will be provided over 6-12 month period to take on additional tasks as skill sets grow for this role.
Qualification & Skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ expereience in a business development role
- Proficient with Salesforce (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Wants a role with longevity
- Confident & Proactive
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
of the organisation
Monday – Friday. 7:30 – 16:30