Offensive Waste Compactor
‘Offensive waste’ is non-clinical waste that’s non-infectious and does not contain pharmaceutical or chemical substances, but may be unpleasant to anyone who comes into contact with it. This waste should be placed in a “tiger bag”. A tiger bag is a yellow bag with one or more broad black stripes.
Offensive waste is a low risk to public health, therefore it doesn’t need to be transported as dangerous goods. There is a huge opportunity for commercial savings to be made, clinical waste disposal is far more expensive than offensive waste, with the correct segmentation in place there is potential to save an extreme amount of money.
Greenbank’s self-cleaning portable compactor is the answer to offensive waste issues. This compactor has been designed to comply with the high standards required by HSE and Environmental Health.
The compaction of offensive healthcare waste has traditionally been avoided due to the potential exposure to foul odours or unpleasant findings, using Greenbank’s bespoke mobile compaction unit the possible threat of exposure will not be an issue.
An offensive waste compactor also:
- Reduces haulage frequency of offensive wastes
- Reduces transportation from site resulting in carbon savings
- Significant reduction in the space required to store offensive waste on site
- Containment of offensive wastes within sealed containers
- Eliminates the health and safety risks associated with manually moving wheeled bins and handballing the offensive waste bags
- Fully compliant with health and safety regulations
In order to compact offensive waste the relevant permits must be in place, more often than not these permits are already in place when dealing with offensive waste streams.
Not found the question you're looking for? Contact us and a member of the team will be happy to help.
The compactor is equipped with a self-cleaning mechanism, ensuring that foul odours and unpleasant findings are effectively eliminated during the waste compaction process.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
By reducing the transportation frequency of offensive waste from the site, the compactor contributes to carbon savings. Fewer waste collection trips mean fewer vehicles on the road.
- No rotting or strong odours
- Compliant with Environmental Health
- Fully sealed container, ensuring leak and odour proof.
|Container Volume (m3)||8||16||23|
|Hopper Volume (m3)||2||2||2|
|Compaction Force (t)||28||28||28|
|Overall Width (mm)||2040||2420||2420|
|Overall Height (mm)||2500||2600||2600|
|Hopper Length (mm)||1200||1200||1200|
|Loading Height (mm)||1460||1460||1460|
|Hopper Width (mm)||1430||1430||1430|
|Electrical Supply||32amp 5.5kW 415V||32amp 5.5kW 415V||32amp 5.5kW 415V|